Rob Maness, a Retired U.S. Air Force Colonel, has thrown his hat in the ring against Landrieu, who is seeking re-election, and the already announced Congressman Bill Cassidy (R-Baton Rouge).
Maness is a Constitutional Conservative and was an Operations Officer for the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon during 9/11. For his military service, he was awarded the Bronze Star and Air Medal.
Maness is stressing several issues which he feels differentiate himself from Cassidy and Landrieu including:
- Protecting and Defending Individual Liberty and Constitutional Rights
- Protecting 2nd Amendment Rights
- Immigration Reform and Border Security
- Energy Independence
- Education Reform and eliminating Common Core standards
- Repealing the Obama/Landrieu Government Healthcare Takeover
Maness and his wife Candy are residents of Madisonville.
To find out more about Rob Maness, please visit http://www.robmaness.com