Friday, July 10, 2015

Lenny Cline Swings For The Fences And (No Surprise) Misses - Badly



When I was a teenager and into my 20s, there was a Major League Baseball player named Dave Kingman. He stood 6’6” and was nicknamed “King Kong” Kingman and “Sky King” for his towering home runs.

The problem with Kingman was, he either hit a home run or he struck out. There was no middle ground. In fact, when he retired he was 4th all-time in strikeouts.

During his career, Kingman hit 442 home runs but he struck out 1,816 times.

Even the casual baseball fan knows that Home Runs = Good but Strikeouts = Bad.

A few weeks back, I wrote about Kenner District 4 Councilman Lenny Cline and his struggles with ordinances and resolutions.

In that post, I wrote:

If you need proof that having a piece of paper hanging on your wall and a law degree is not a sign of intelligent life, you need only look at Kenner District 4 Councilman Lenny Cline.

I followed that post with another opus about Lenny and his foibles, this time regarding the audit contract that was the subject of some controversy and a “Special” Council meeting,

Still don’t know, other than Keith Reynaud walking out, what was so “Special” about the meeting.

In any event, it seems that, after a year on the Council, poor Lenny didn’t know how to properly score applying firms.

I guess Lenny would rather live in the ignorant bliss of his own world than ask a Councilmember for assistance.

I wonder how he is at driving directions.

Why I bet Lenny needs to have someone program the GPS to find his way to the Council Chambers.

I don’t know if Lenny got tired of my pointing out his foibles or if someone pointed at him and laughed as he was trying to make his way through the self-checkout at Wal-Mart, or if someone urinated on his Wheaties while his back was turned, but, for whatever reason, at last night’s Kenner City Council meeting Lenny decided to step up to the plate and take a few swings at me.

In between confusing “definition” with “deposition” multiple times (isn’t the guy an Attorney?), Councilman Cline repeated the tired and factually incorrect Yenni/Buisson Propaganda that my lawsuit to force the City to have a voter referendum before taking on the largest debt in Kenner’s history cost the city $2 Million dollars.

That line has been debunked so many times I can recite the inaccuracies in my sleep.

To rehash for those new readers, as anyone who paid attention knows, the timeline and the math for the Yenni/Buisson Propaganda doesn’t work. It is not possible, since before the bonds could be sold they needed to be approved by the Council and the lawsuit and the appeal period weren’t finished when the Council voted to approve, lawsuit challenging the sale cost the City of Kenner…wait for it…NOTHING. 

STRIKE ONE! 

Cline continued with his pitch for the new sewerage debt showing that he has a keen grasp of Common Core Math (and the obvious) when he declared:

“The interest rate is .95%. .95% is less than 1 percent.”

Whoa…calm down there Lenny. You’re getting ahead of yourself and you’re confusing us with the 
highfalutin Math.

STRIKE TWO!

Then, for the cherry on top of the Lenny Cline Sundae (extra nuts on top please), Lenny decided to call me out again by name.

“I hope we don’t have any further citizens blocking our way like Mr. Bennetti.”  

So, Lenny Cline decides that it’s ok to call out a private citizen at a public, televised Council meeting for exercising his constitutional and state given rights.

How did this guy pass the bar with such a pathetic grasp of the Constitution and our legal process?

And, calling out a private citizen, well, that’s just in poor taste especially when you weren’t even an embryo in the Yenni/Buisson machine when the lawsuit was filed and, even if you were on the Council, you probably wouldn’t have understood the lawsuit anyway.

Too much legalese. 

So for calling out a private citizen at a public Council meeting, that’s

STRIKE THREE AND YOU’RE OUT!

Now, to be fair, I’m sure that Councilman Cline scanned the Council Chambers to ensure that I wasn’t in the room when he called me out.

I mean, why would he call me out if I was actually there. I might blow on him too hard and knock him over, perhaps even mess up his Lou Reed/Phil Spector hair style. Lenny, you don't need to look like a rock star or eccentric, murdering record producer. Claude the Barber cuts my hair and does just fine. 

Besides, if Councilman Cline really wanted a piece of me, he could just ask his boy Mayor Yenni. I'm sure one of his assistants still has my cell number, several councilmembers do too Lenny, and it hasn't changed in 14 years. 

I’m also certain that, given the way he was holding a paper while attempting to read (I told you not to multi-task Lenny) that someone (probably the aforementioned ace Yenni Political Strategist Greg Buisson) wrote it for me.

Since Cline is a member of Yenni’s “Consensus Team”, he is used to taking orders and being told what to say.

Did I mention that, earlier in the meeting when the Council was discussing removing the residency requirement for taxi drivers, that in Cline’s comments he said he was against removing the residency requirement and then voted in favor of removing it? 

Perhaps that Common Core Math fried his brain. Yeah, Lenny, little ole me cost the big, bad City of Kenner $2 Million. What planet are you from? 

UH, STRIKE FOUR?

Oh wait a second. Lenny’s already on the bench sitting next to Dave Kingman.

NOTE TO LENNY: You’ve been around long enough to know who I am. If not, I’m sure Buisson or someone has told you that if you’re going to come after me, you better bring it

The only thing you brought last night Lenny, was more fodder for me and more ignorant, inane comments from you. 

You proved once again that you are the Kenner Council’s Village Idiot.

Next time, slip Buisson a few bucks like the political whore that he is and have him write some better material. I hear he’s a cheap date so $10 should do the trick.

Otherwise, take that weak garbage back home with you before I tell my realtor to look for a home in Chateau. 

Maybe I can get a free house like Mike.

On second thought, probably not. I’m not in anyone’s pocket.