During his remarks, Jindal poked fun at
- His 2009 State of the Union Response: "You may not realize this, but even though the President may look calm and relaxed, he is sitting here right now shaking in his boots. He's terrified that I'll upstage him again - like I did in that State of the Union response a few years ago."
- The Prostitution Scandal involving Senator Robert Menendez (D-New Jersey) with a veiled barb at Senator Vitter: "The Menendez scandal is disturbing. Soliciting prostitution is completely unacceptable. We would never put up with that in Louisiana."
- His continuing statement that he is not a 2016 Presidential Candidate: "My answer is I have no plans to run. I've made that clear, over and over again. In Iowa, in New Hampshire and in South Carolina."
- His ethnicity and President Obama: "I mean, come on. What chance does a skinny guy with a dark complexion and a funny name have to get elected president of the United States." The Governor also noted that he and Obama had the "exact same campaign slogan years ago but unfortunately UPS sued both of us and made us stop using it. You remember our slogan, 'What can Brown do for you?"'
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie: "The truth is, I am too skinny to run. At least that's what my friend, Chris Christie, keeps telling me."
- The failed Mitt Romney Presidential Campaign: "This is a place where you can come and tell jokes about the president - poke fun at yourself, set political ambition aside, and just generally say anything you want. Kind of like the Romney campaign."
- President Obama continuing to blame former President Bush for the country’s ills: ”I'm looking forward to President Obama's second term. It will be refreshing to hear him stop blaming all the country's problems on the last four years."Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal – coming soon to a comedy club near you. Unless you live near the Bayou Corne Sinkhole.